Saturday, February 27, 2016

Why Now?

I like to talk about my skating experiences. I mean clearly, I started a blog and post everyday that I skate. So, I started blogging for a few reasons: I wanted to track my progress, I wanted to share my experiences with other first time adult skaters, and I needed to get it out of my system because I couldn’t stop talking about it and I’m pretty sure my friends were sick of hearing about it.

So since I happen to bring up skating to almost every person I see, I noticed that I always get the same question, why now? Like I said in a previous post, this is been something that I’ve wanted since I was young. Watching the winter olympics growing up really led to this dream of becoming a figure skater. It was out of my reach and it was way to expensive to pursue. It’s more than just a childhood dream though and that’s something I have trouble explaining to people. I’m just a person that needs to be challenged.

Throughout the years I’ve always tackled different projects during school breaks, planning events, designing collections (clothing), and painting just to name a few. So, this skating thing isn’t all that different. It’s basically a continuation of my pursuits on a larger scale, because my break is no longer just a week, I’m done with school!

I’m an obsessive/passionate person in my nature so throughout life I’ve always given 100% to everything that I’ve pursued. Any person who is close to me knows that, because it’s the same in my relationships. This skating thing, I’m giving it my all. It challenges me physically and motivates me to make healthier choices. I’m doing this as an adult because I wanted it as a child but even more because I need a challenge in my life. And I’m loving that I’m falling in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment