Saturday, February 27, 2016

Obsession

So, some people are already calling me obsessed… meh. I am and don’t feel any shame. I was on the ice 4 times this week, Wednesday-Saturday! This time was very productive, because now I’ve got more structure to my practices. I wrote down exactly what I worked on with my coach so now I’m not just skating around without order and things to work on. So, every time I’ve gotten on the ice I start with stroking and crossovers, then continue on with the list. Speaking of writing things down, I finally started a skating journal! It seems like on every other adult skating blog they stress the importance of having a notebook to write things down after practice. I have already re-copied my first private lesson session and began writing down the hours I’ve put on these newly sharpened skates. I apparently need to sharpen them for every 40 hours that I am on the ice. So here begins the count. I’m hoping that I just don’t need to re-sharpen them! I want new skates!! My ankles and knees are hurting from the lack of support in the boots. I bet you can guess what I’m using my tax refund on this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment