Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Welcome to My Figure Skating Blog!

Thanks for taking time out of your day to read about my most recent skating endeavors, have a wonderful day!

If you’ve read any of my status updates on Facebook in the last month or so, you know by now that I’ve started ice skating, crazy right? A 23 year old just getting on the ice for the very first time. I’ve gotten past that now, because after skating daily during my winter break, I found that there are several adult skaters who also recently began their journey, some in their forties, fifties, and even one sixty year old woman who only began skating two years ago.


Though my first day was challenging, I continued to go back for adult free skate and got better day by day. Seeing the older women at the center of the rink practicing their spins and jumps was pretty inspiring. It sparked something in me and I began to question whether it was really possible for me to get that good. Before I got on the ice that very first day, I thought I was way too old to begin skating. That my childhood dream of becoming a figure skater was lost…until I did a simple google search. I found that there were thousands of other adult skaters across the nation who also began skating in their adult life.

After stalking the numerous adult skating blogs, I decided to start one myself. It’s important for me to share my progress and document any tips my coaches give me so that I can remember them all, moving forward. Through this initial process I found that these adult skaters not only skate for fun, they compete and test for different medals! I was stunned, that little spark of interest turned into desire, desire to compete and test as an adult figure skater.

No comments:

Post a Comment