Monday, February 29, 2016

Lost Count Of The Falls .... Another 3 Hour Day On The Ice

Not sure when I’m going to learn my lesson, 3 hours on the ice is not for me! Or perhaps another way to look at it, I’m not sure when my body is going to get used to being on the ice for 3 hours. I lost count of the number of falls today, but after I hit five in a row practice should have been “cancelled” aka I should have gotten off the ice. But then, people started leaving, two by two, and soon enough I had the ice to myself and I couldn’t get myself off. Thank God for my knee pads, too bad I don’t yet have hip pads because I took a really hard hit today. Two and a half hours in my body was starting to feel sore so I began to take it easy.
Soon enough, I got right back to work. I wanted to try a new move on my own, the lunge, and since it’s so close to the ground I figured it wouldn’t hurt as bad if I fell. That’s true, however it gets old when you fall over and over and over again. I’m not even sure if I was doing it right, but it was fun! I literally can’t wait to get on the ice again with my coaches. I have a good handle on what they’ve already showed me, except for the crossovers. But if I spend one more lesson working on those darn crossovers I might hurt someone. I’ve been working hard on them during open skate, but my heart rate literally goes up whenever I start doing them. Not the problem, I just want to be comfortable with them so I don’t have to spend valuable practice time working on them. I want to learn new skills so I have more to practice during open skate!

No comments:

Post a Comment