Friday, February 26, 2016

Competition?

I think about skating all the time now, like all day and night. I dream about being on the ice. Last night I just kept tossing and turning and while doing so all I could think about were the steps to a certain move.


So during my prep I figured, why not text the coach to set up another lesson in a couple weeks? Sure enough, it’s happening. Again. My second private lesson on the ice is in 13 days. Yeah, watch me count down, it’s going to happen.


Our conversation went something like this:


Me: Hey coach, can I set up another private lesson in a couple weeks? Same time and place.


Coach T:Yeah, of course!


Me: That’s perfect, thank you! I just took the day off work #priorities


Coach T: No problem, I like how committed you are, we can start getting you ready to compete.



WHHHAAATTTT? I’m sorry, how in the world am I going to start competing? Sure I’ve been playing with the thought. At first this was a two years in the future thought, but as I’ve been skating it’s been brought down to one year in the future. Apparently it’s happening and way sooner than I thought. I’m so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment