Friday, September 9, 2016

Practice, Practice, Practice.

In the last 4 days I have been on the ice a total of 12 hours. I’d like to say that I’ve made a ton of progress, but that’s not exactly what has happened. Practice has been repetitive. I’ve made no insane strides of progress. I’ve fallen several times. My knees have taken one too many hits. I’ve pulled a muscle in my arm from catching a fall. I’ve taken a 2 hour nap after every session. It has been quite a week. To share a little bit about my experiences, below I will list what a two hour practice looks like for me. Forewarning. It’s insane.  I don’t really take breaks in between skills unless the Zamboni is cutting the ice.


  1. Pre-Bronze Moves
  2. Bronze Moves
  3. Speed Stroking (5 laps)
  4. Speed Chasses (3 half rink laps)
  5. Speed Forward Crossovers (no arms for balance)
  6. Speed Backwards Crossovers
  7. Backwards Crossovers w/ Graceful Arms
  8. Forward & Backward Cross Rolls (at least one lap each)
  9. Forward Power Pulls in Silver Pattern
  10. Crossovers, Hold Edge, Touch Ice (2 in each direction)
  11. Backward Power Pulls
  12. Checkouts/Landing Position Down the Ice
  13. 10+ Consecutive Waltz Jumps
  14. Scratch Spin w/ Entry (5+)
  15. Outside & Inside Three Turns Down the Line (4)
  16. Mohawk Crosses Down the Line (2)
  17. Brackets (2 Left Foot, 1 Right down the line)
  18. Back 3’s (at least 5 of each)
  19. Back 3’s Pattern On Circle ( FXO, 3 Turn, BXO, back 3 Turn, Repeat)
  20. All Swing Rolls (one lap each)
  21. Dutch Waltz Dance Pattern
  22. Rhythm Blues Dance Pattern
  23. Consecutive 3 Turns on Circle -> Twizzles
  24. Waltz Jump from BXOs
  25. Salchow from BXOs
  26. Toe Loop w/ Entry
  27. Half-Lutz from BXOs
  28. Half-Flip from Mohawk
  29. Challenge: Loop Jump
  30. Challenge: Backspin
  31. Challenge: Waltz Jump to Back Spin

No comments:

Post a Comment