Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Meet My Two Best Friends

Constant soreness in this sport is an understatement. So the ice pack and heating pad have become my new best friends. After icing last night, I finally woke up without feeling sore, even after being on the ice for two hours.

It’s pretty embarrassing to be a young adult groaning after getting up from a seat due to the pain. This is what comes from putting that much resistance on my legs. If I put my hands on my knees and bend them I can feel ligaments/tendons rubbing against each other - I may want to consider having this checked out.

There is always a bruise on my body. It’s been two months now and I don’t think I’ve gone a day on the ice without a new bruise. My body doesn’t even bruise very easily. This is just a wicked sport (I dare you to argue that this isn’t a sport).

I am getting calluses on my fingers from tying my boots just right and indents on the lower half on my calf from jumping. Did I mention that I am sore ALL the time?

Yet I am loving this! I come off the ice with satisfaction that I’ve never felt before. Sure, there are days when I am disappointed about my time on the ice or not being able to successfully learn a new move. But ultimately, this experience is transforming me physically and mentally. That is why I love it. It’s almost like it’s showing me a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment