Friday, May 13, 2016

Perfection? I think not.

I am not a perfectionist, not even close, but I am a hard worker - especially on the ice. I do not have natural talent in this sport...it takes me ages to learn new skills and I often feel foolish when my coach presents a new skill to me and I come no where near re-creating it. So, when someone tells me I look good on the ice or have made a lot of progress, I am not sure sure how to respond or how I should feel. Yes, I feel awesome when I’m on the ice, but that doesn’t mean much. 

I know people hate being recorded on the ice, but I love it. I record myself learning new skills and then I record again in a few weeks to see my progress. I record because I like watching myself skate. I see a girl who is pursuing her dreams. I see joy.  I see a girl who is fit. I see a figure skater in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment