Thursday, December 31, 2015

Continuity

I knew going into this, especially after my first couple sessions, that the more I skated the easier it would get. That could not have been more true! In that second week of skating, I continued my forward stroking and swizzles, but I also learned how to stop! I noticed the same woman at the rink everyday and we ended up talking on the rink for a while. She was really helpful and offered several tips. She showed me how to stroke properly and also showed me how to stop (T-Stop). It was very sweet of her, I get the sense that much of the adult skating community at this rink is kind and sociable. After practicing my stop around the rink I began turning, by accident. And from a slip of the foot, I learned how to turn around/spin (I used to call it a spin before I actually learned how to spin, haha!). On my last day at the rink on my winter break I met a really sweet skater who also happened to teach the adult skating class. I asked her when the class usually met and it was perfect for my schedule, Saturday morning! I told her I would think about joining. I had made so much progress on my own but knew that I would need to learn new things to keep myself motivated and challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment